Friday 10 September 2010

Amur delight means more petrol money

With news breaking yesterday that BOU have now added Amur Falcon to the British List after the bird at Tophill Low NR in 2008... I'm now faced with the prospect of having to twitch (I'd rather find) another Red-footed Falcon in Yorkshire!!! And I've missed a few already. Oh well, be a trip out when it happens, but the birds I've seen out of the county have always shown well.

A rather quiet week with little to write about. Altering my usual Friday plan to go to Spurn, I ended up at Tophill Low to pass time in North Marsh hide 'duding' the Kingfishers with the camera. Predictably due to my presence, they didn't stick around for any length of time in front of the hide to pose for pictures.





Also in the hide was Tony McLean... he has a little more luck and his patience enables him to take some superb photographs. This link is well worth a look for some great pictures. (Adding a link to click isn't working so you'll have to paste it into your browser)

http://tonymclean.wordpress.com/

This one from last weekend which got missed in posting... a Brimstone in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment