Tuesday 13 July 2010

Weather spoils everything for some... but not all

A rather wet Monday saw me visiting Wheeldale Gill and Transmire Bog in North Yorkshire. Hoping the weather improved it remained rather wet and cold all day.

So there are no pictures of Golden-ringed Dragonflies or Keeled Skimmers to show as there was to much rain to bother looking (well getting out of the car) and my folks were rather disappointed too. Still that is the way it goes - can't win all the time. The highlight was a family of Spotted Flycatchers at Wheeldale Gill.

My friend Neil Hart has had a bit more luck with a few Little Gulls, an Arctic Tern and a Greenshank at Hornsea Mere on Monday, while on Tuesday he was watching the King Eider off Filey Brigg... following on from the House Finch and a few Balearic Shearwaters in Devon last week - obviously a couple of uncommon birds has seen the elusive tripod making an appearance in the field. Next time I see it I will photograph it!!!

Very frustrating to be in the office, working hard and receiving news of 'I'm looking at this' or looking at some pictures of Small Ranunculus taken by my pal Nic Orchard... Perhaps I need to find a window in the office to sit near and spot something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment