Sunday 20 November 2011

Discreet visitor returns

Just the one day out this weekend due to work!!! Still it was foggy and by all accounts I didn't miss much Saturday.

So in the fog I thought I best tour Tophill Low NR, East Yorks again, if anything just for the fresh air.

Anyhow, South Lagoon isn't a place I spend much time at on the site... popped in today and was greeted with a 'twic'. A noise many miss, but unmistakably the call of a Cetti's Warbler. A species that has become a winter regular on site in recent years... as well as hosting the first Yorkshire breeding pair.

Managed to catch up with a Short-eared Owl at the Hempholme end mid-afternoon hunting to the east of the river.

A few White-fronted Geese remained on D res as the fog lifted, but I decided against going thru the gulls... I could only assume the fog would return.

No comments:

Post a Comment