Sunday 15 January 2012

White-winged gulls... continue to appear!!!

Large white-winged gulls at Tophill Low NR, East Yorkshire, are still something of a scarcity. I know... January 2000 I first started looking.

However, a 2nd winter Glaucous Gull was in this evening's roost, albeit briefly, before it flew south out of the area. Time in, birds out!

Question is, is this the same bird that was appearing before Christmas 2011 that suddenly stopped appearing as my holidays started... or another one?

Time for some dreadful record pictures...

Last weekend's sub-adult/adult Iceland Gull, I couldn't see a red spot on the yellow bill, but it was distant and getting dark!


And this afternoon's Glaucous Gull as it flew out south over the car park and off the site.


On the subject of white things... the Tophill Low NR Cattle Egret. Not that I've seen it but click here for more news from the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment