Friday 6 May 2011

Yorkshire ticking Caspian at last

The first of 17 days of holiday saw me at North Cave Wetlands, East Yorkshire in search of the Caspian Gulls I've read about on the pager as the 'Shifts of Doom' finally come to an end. Always hate the last week at work before a break... my mind is usually elsewhere!!!

Here are some of the pics of one of the first-summer Caspian Gulls both in flight and on the deck.


In fact it was a bit of larid afternoon, this first-summer Little Gull showed well...


while a 1st summer Mediterranean Gull appeared mid-afternoon, among the Black-heads, Lesser Black-backs, Herring Gulls and the one Great Black-backed I saw fly through.

Plenty of other birds noted included a cracking full-summer Bar-tailed Godwit, a Peregrine and some Buzzards.

And something I'm not so fond of seeing... the wetland bullies!!!


Don't you just hate hearing folk saying 'Oh... aren't they lovely'

No comments:

Post a Comment